Dialogue

L=LoreiM=Mike

L: What a game! I like playing man-to-man defense1, while I can keep my guy from scoring.

L: 多精彩的比赛!我喜欢这种一对一的防守赛,如此我可以阻止对手得分。

M: Yeah! If we had been playing zone defense, I don't think we would have beaten them by so much.

M: 是啊!假如大家当时打地区联防,就不会赢他们那样多了。

L: We might only have tied, and then gone into overtime2.

L: 大家顶多只能打个平手,然后进入加时赛。

M: But I knew we were going to win by intuition3.

M: 但我凭直觉就了解大家会赢。

L: Really?

L: 是不是真的?

M: Well, their play was too loose. They should have played a tighter game. Their defense seemed confused, uncoordinated.

M: 是啊,他们的防守太松懈了。盯人应该盯紧一点才对。他们的防守阵容一片混乱,而且不够默契。

L: That's true. Let it be, we won the game and really beat them.

L: 那倒真是的。管它呢,反正大家已经赢了,也真的打败了他们。

M: Do you want to practice still more next Sunday?

M: 下周日你想加大练习吗?

L: Next Sunday? Okay. You can teach me how to hit the ones from inside the key.

L: 下周日?好啊。你可以教我怎么样在篮板下投球。

M: You can perhaps help me improve my dribbling4 skills, too.

M: 你也可以教我怎么样运球。

L: Sounds good. See you!

L: 听起来很好。再见!

M: Be there, or be square.

M: 不见不散!