ACT II
Excuse me. Is this seat taken? 对不起,请问这个座位有人吗?
No, it's not taken. 没,没人坐。
Oh, thank you. 啊,谢谢。
Oh, let me help you with this. 来,我助你放。
Oh, thank you. 谢谢你。
Do you want to sit by the window? 想靠窗坐吗?
No, no, no. I like the aisle seat better. 不,不,不。我喜欢坐在靠过道的地方。
Please, you sit by the window. 你请靠窗坐。
My name is Stewart... Malcolm Stewart. 我姓Stewart……Malcolm Stewart。
Pleased to meet you. 非常高兴遇到你。
I'm Elsa Tobin. How do you do? 我叫Elsa Tobin,你好。
Do you live in New York? 你住在纽约吗?
No, no. I'm from Florida. 不,我是从佛罗里达来的。
I am, too. But didn't you just get on? 我也是。可是,你不是刚上车的吗?
No, no. I just changed my seat. 不,不。我仅仅换了一下座位。
A man next to me was smoking, 我旁边的那位男的抽烟,
and smoke really bothers me. 烟味我受不了。
Where are you from in Florida? 你从佛罗里达什么地方来?
Titusville. It's near Orlando. Titusville ,就在Orlando附近。
Small world. I'm from Titusville, too. 世界真小。我也是从Titusville来的。
Really? What part? 真的么?什么地方?
My husband and I live near Spaceport. 我和我老公住在Spaceport附近。
I know that area. 我了解那地方。
My house is only a few miles from Spaceport. 我的家离Spaceport只有几里路。
Do you still live there? 你还住在那儿?
Oh yes, yes. My husband's there now. 哦,对,对。我老公目前就在那儿。
He couldn't take time off to come to New York with me. 他走不开,没时间和我一块儿纽约。
Do you still live there? 你目前还住那儿?
No. I sold the house and the furniture, 不。我把房屋家俱都卖了,
put a few personal things in an old trunk, 剩下一些个人东西放进一个旧衣箱,
and shipped it to my children in New York. 运到我孩子那儿去了,他们住在纽约。
That's my destination. 那是我的目的地。
Are you married? 你有家室吗?
My wife died four years ago. 我老婆四年前过世了。
She was a wonderful woman. A real friend. 她是个非常不错的女性。一个真的的朋友。
I'm sorry. Really, I'm sorry. 对不起,真的,我感到难过。
Lots of wonderful memories. 很多美好的回忆。
We were married almost fifty years. 大家结婚将近五十年。
Well, forty-seven, to be exact. 准确的说,是四十七年。
John and I celebrate our fortieth anniversary next month. 下个月,John和我将庆祝大家的结婚四十周年龄念日。
Oh, congratulations! That's nice. 啊,恭喜你们!太好了。
What does John do? John目前干什么工作?
He's an aerospace engineer 他是航空工程师
and works for Orlando Aircraft Corporation. 为奥兰多飞机制造公司工作。
He started with them almost forty years ago. 他在那儿做了近四十年了。
What do you do? 你目前干什么?
I just retired. Had my own company. 我刚退休。我有我们的公司,
A construction company. Roads, bridges, big stuff. 一家建筑公司。道路、桥梁,都是大工程。
But I just sold it and retired. 我前不久把它卖了,接着退休了。
Excuse me, ma'am. Ticket, please. 对不起,太太。车票请拿出来看一下。
Would you kindly hold these keys, please? 请帮我拿一下这类钥匙,可以吗?
I have a ticket, I know. 我了解,我有车票。
I was in the smoking section. 我原本坐在抽烟的位子。
It's OK, lady. Take your time. 没关系,太太。慢慢来。
I'm sure it's in your purse, Mrs. Tobin. 我一定是在你的皮包里,Tobin太太。
Oh, here it is. 哦,在这儿。
And here are your keys.你的钥匙。
Thank you. 谢谢。
Do you have family in New York? 你在纽约有亲戚吗?
No, no. But I do have very close friends in New York City. 没。但我在纽约有很要好的朋友。
We like to go to the theater together. 大家常一块去戏院。
You said you have family in New York. 你说你在纽约有家人。
Yes, indeed. 对,没错。
A son and his wife and their three children-- 有个儿子、儿媳妇与他们的三个孩子--
my grandchildren. 我的孙儿女们。
You must be excited. 你肯定非常开心。
I can't wait, to see them! 我恨不能立刻见到他们!
Are you going to live with them? 你计划和他们一块住吗?
Yes. 对。
Permanently? 一直住下去?
Well... they want me to, 这……他们期望如此。
but it's too early to know for sure. 但我目前还不可以确定。
I'm pretty independent. 我是独立惯了的人。
I tried to teach my kids the importance of independence, 我一直告诫孩子们独立的重要程度,
but I'm not sure I want to be alone. 但我不了解我是不是想一个生活活。
Some people don't mind being alone. I do. 有的人不在乎一个人生活,我在乎。
I understand. But tell me. 我能理解。但你能告诉我,
Why did you sTOP working? 你为何要退休?
I retired because... I wanted to be with my family. 我退休是由于……我想和全家人在一块。
I didn't want to be alone anymore! 我不想再一个人一个人生活了!
点击下面链接,进入必克影院,观看精彩视频吧~
点击打开链接
See more information, you can visit us
英语口语测试 http://www.spiiker.com/daily/
在线学习英语口语 http://www.spiiker.com/english-plaza.jsp